Some place nice to get stuck in....







Monday, February 15, 2016

I had been working hard at getting the bedrooms cleaned out so that when the grand-kids came over they had a nice place to sleep and not scary!  They stayed over night because Ken and Sabrina were attending a marriage conference and they were staying the night.
Everyone did great.  The tooth fairy even managed to find the house  and the room that Noah was staying in!  Lily loved her aunts princess bed!  She was sleeping in so Tom had to wake her up for breakfast!















While I was making the bacon, Noah got out one of his favorite games here.  Pixi Stix! He was still very tired though because he got up very early.


After breakfast, someone wanted to go out and help with chores.  It was freezing in the morning.  I think it didn't even break double digits all day.  Lily got to wear MY snowsuit from when I was her age.  It went through me, my siblings, my kids, and now her!
Tom just couldn't get enough so he went out to snow blow.  It was a lot and we needed to keep the driveway clear.














The kids kept themselves busy by playing with Ken's bucket of legos.  We also did a project of string art.  They had to hammer nails in the shape of a heart and then run string around it.  I tried to get a love verse on it, but they printed very big!




So now it was lunch time and Noah helped make Hot Diggity Dogs and mac and cheese for lunch.  He said he didn't care much for the special hot dogs, but he liked the plain ones and the mac and cheese.

I guess Lily didn't get enough of outside.  She went back out while we got lunch ready.  It was really cold and I don't know how she could want to go out in it.   Trying to get Grandpa Tom to play, I saw her sneaking up on him.  Then she chased him up the driveway.  BAM!   She got him!













We finally said our goodbye's about 7:00 Saturday night.  I wasn't tired a bit, until I sat down. Then it was lights out.
The next day was Valentines Day. Tom decided to go out for dinner *at* dinner time.  Crowded everywhere. He wanted to eat out, but we waited to long to decide.  Everywhere was crazy at dinner hour.   I wanted him to pick wherever he wanted to go.   Well, we ended up at a chinese buffet that he had heard good things about and mentioned on more than one occasion he would like to go there.   The wait wasn't bad, but then again it was a humongous dining hall.   It was a grab your tray and serve yourself food.  Some things I didn't know what they were, things that were suppose to be hot were not, and the cold food wasn't.   I thought the place was dirty and when you walked across the floor your feet stuck like they had mopped it with cool whip.   Even Tom was sad about it.   I suggested that maybe we shouldn't go to buffets anymore!  Even the fortune cookie was scary!   It was bad.  Just bad.  He was really disappointed.  What a bum cookie I got at the end of the meal too!



No comments: