Some place nice to get stuck in....







Wednesday, February 3, 2016

I am so glad it was warm these few days.  I guess someone forgot to check the fire before going to bed and it was just about out when I got up in the morning.  After everyone left for work I went out and got some fire starter.  This is why we have the flooring we do.
I got a big  poop sled of wood and dragged it in to start the fire while Miley waited patiently.  It was wet on the outside so I didn't want to carry it all in and lay it on the floor.  It was actually pretty clean the way I did it.  I started out by completely emptying the stove and rattling the pipe and cleaning out all the dust and debris.   About 8:15 a.m I started the fire.  Every time I opened the door POOF  another puff of smoke.
   Good, more to keep me busy later.   About 11 a.m. I had it going  well enough to put the coal in.  Finally!
Today is warm and all but bits of snow are left.
But we also had a lot of melting and rain all night long.  I am glad they did the ditches a few weeks ago.  It helped with a lot of draining!
And the sump pump is working!
Jess had heard from the bank yesterday.  She has to work on getting more credit, as we already guessed.
Haven't heard from Tommy since he pulled out two days ago.   He was waiting to see where he might land a job before finding a room somewhere.  He also said that when he left Ken's the other night he went to the ER because of some side pain.  Found out it might be a hernia in the making.  It was close to the area of appendix, so he wanted to have it checked out.   No throwing sandbags for a while.


No comments: