Some place nice to get stuck in....







Sunday, May 1, 2016

All that work and we ended up with frost to go to church on Sunday morning .
I did manage to get a lot more done on my list throughout the week. It is getting smaller!
despite the frost, the daylilies are perking up. I was happy to see the weeds are staying down in the well garden.
.
The front is just about done. I have started around to the east side of the house. I was so proud of myself moving the elevator and not hitting the tree.
But everything comes with a consequence.  I managed to bend the exhaust on the tractor pulling out of the old barn.  I was watching the roll bar so it didn't catch the door frame and dragged the other.   He fixed it quick thought  I worked on hoeing the garden, fixing the fencing on the blueberries, weeding out any areas that looked really bad. I also fixed my clothes line so that now I can actually hang out the laundry without it sagging.The garden looks soaked now, but it really isn't as bad as it looks.
I am still waiting for the raised beds. I worked my way around the backyard towards the end of the week. Tom had to go back to Columbus for work and I wanted to get as much done as possible that day . I managed to work on the chicken coop's, back of the barn, all the garden utensils, and move a lot of junk into a pile. Saturday was trash collection day up at the township building. Tom and I gathered stuff out of the old barn end some things piled in the yard to take up there. So much better ! After that he went over his bills and must have felt pretty good. In the late afternoon, he and I went on a little excursion to big town. He had been wanting a UTV for a long time. Well, we bought one . If we would have taken the truck instead of the big shark, he could have brought it home that day. But now he had to wait until Monday. The next day after church he took the Chevy and the Cadillac in and worked on them. He finally has them both running great. When he came home, as he read the paper I had him also watch the dogs while I went out to the new barn. I completely redid the inside storage areas and the horse tack area .
Now all I have to do is go out and sort through each stall area. That will be easy to do now. On another exciting note, Tommy is starting a new job today ! He has a job where his brother can works. It is an out right hiring job not from a temp agency. We all hope this will help turn things around for him. I am sure he is ready to move on ! He is not the only one to start a new job. Becky is going to get a new job as a CNA at Edinburgh University. It will be such a great step for she and Jake. She is very excited about the change. Much younger people and she likes the hours. Oh , and I forgot to mention that when Tom and I were out looking at you TVs , Jessalyn was making dinner. She also was preventing herself from burning up the kitchen! Apparently, she used a very small pan to heat oil. It caught on fire and when she went to remove it from the stove, she threw it in the sink end since it was on fire it caught my perpetual Bible verse calendar on fire and melted the artificial leaves that were decorating it.
Thank goodness it was small and nothing else happened. I told her never to cook again!

No comments: