Some place nice to get stuck in....







Thursday, April 14, 2016

Well, Tom is taking tomorrow off to work on the boat.  I hope it warms up a little more.  We are to have sun for the next week, so I'm sure that the boat will go in.  There is a lot more to do here too.  We lost more pines out back during one of the wet, soggy, windy storms.   We knew they were going to go, but weren't sure if they would take out the pig pen fencing or not.
  Guess we know now...not.  There is so much to burn but the wood is still wet. Stuff that is down, and trees that still need to come down that are dead.  Maybe another day or two and Tom can get it going.  Every time we tried the last few weekends, the wind picked up.
We have to much to burn to take a chance.  The barn is only a little sided.
We did that last fall.  But to buy the metal for that or for the roof of the house....roof first, I say.    I also have some wrought iron fencing that I temporarily put up.
I don't know if this is a good place for it or not. It is a corner, so it limits it  to where it can go. 
After such a long winter, a feral cat that  hung around last year that was dubbed "chubby"  showed up on our porch looking very bad and hungry.  It didn't take long for him to let you touch him.  I only feed him on the porch.  He is not fixed so he can not be ours. 
He does need some medical attention though.  He looks like he really had a rough couple of months.  I don't know where he stayed all winter or how he ate. 
Something got him though.   I finally was able to get close enough to take a soaked paper towel and get his cheek clean.  Then I got whatever that hunk was yanked off.  It was fur.  Matted down from the seeping wound.
  A day later, it looks much better and doesn't appear infected.  I was worried it would warm up and then the open sore would bring bad problems.  I hope to get some kind of antiseptic on it to be safe.  I told Jess that if she insists on having him hang around, she has to pay the big vet bill.   I can't have it passing something on to our cats!

No comments: