Some place nice to get stuck in....







Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The sun is finally out, and the temperatures are bearable. Sam is loving the sunshine.
  To take advantage of the stove still going, I made the morning of catching up on my baking. I made enough bread to last through the end of the month I think.  I made four small loaves and two regular sized.  We don't eat as much unless we have a family dinner, so I should be set.
I also made use of the oven by making two dozen rolls.  One dozen I experimented with and added finely chopped onion on top mixed with melted butter just before putting in the oven.  I took the two canisters of rolls Jess bought to long ago and baked those.  One was crescents that I laid flat and added pepperoni before rolling up, the other were cinnamon rolls.  I put all those in the freezer too.  I managed to make sugar cookies, one bag in the freezer, the other I added a giant chocolate melt left from Christmas cookies.
After all the clean up and regular housework, I headed outside for two and a half hours for yard work.  I had made a new list for the year, and started in on that.  I cleared around one of the bird bushes in the front yard, attempted to fix the driveway where people run all over the grass,
and weeded two of the many gardens I have  made.  I am happy to see the weeds are staying at bay up by the water well garden.

There are a few strawberry plants that made it through too.
Thought I better move the chickens over to the summer house too since we should be ordering the meat birds soon.


No comments: