Some place nice to get stuck in....







Thursday, January 28, 2016

This last Sunday Becky and Jake came out after church.   I had put a roast in the crock pot so it was ready to go at dinner time.
It had been a long time since we had played games, so we brought out two that they had given us last year at Christmas.  We all were a little tired I think, but we had a lot of fun playing.
We hadn't seen Tom since he left on Thursday afternoon last week.  Didn't make much contact with us either, but later it was revealed he was out at his Dad's house. He had had problems with the blue car for awhile, and him not taking care of it showed.  The gas tank was leaking and couldn't get more than half full,
he said someone tried breaking in to the passenger's side when the car was parked in a lot when he worked at UPS, the door pulls were busted (which resulted in him breaking the driver window the night of Ken's graduation) and then he said someone backed into the drivers side at a convenience store  and the result will be the insurance company totaling the car.
This is why he broke in, then took my money.  He needed to get the title mailed off so he could get his check. Apparently, the car was somewhere in Big Town broken down.  No other details were given, but in the end he had it taken away and made his way back to Tom's work to get a ride back here.
In the meantime, I had cleaned out the room. Well, sort of .  He still had his things stacked in there and you can see he needed something for bedding, so he has it folded on the chair yet.
  Bringing it up to what will be a pantry, sewing room.  I took the bed frame out to the barn, got the bedding outside waiting to be burned, packed up as much as I could and swept and mopped. 
It took all of one day before  it was back to a pit stop.   The conclusion is that when the insurance check comes, Tom is to buy a car and take off.
Jessalyn in the meantime is wading through paperwork and information on how to buy a home.  She wants to build her credit  NOW!  Won't come soon enough, but when it's time the right place will be there be it home or land.
I need to get things finished up before Tom has off tomorrow.  I like to have nothing extra on the agenda because I never know what he has planned.  Last week he took me into Big Town to meet up with a woman who sold me a setting for four that matched my dishes.  Now I can replace the cracked and broken ones!

No comments: